BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 8 Project Irnwolf

14 Jan 2008. Today I had to drive to North Las Vegas to pick up my one ton axles. These axles had to come from the east coast. They are from a 1986 Dodge 4x4 truck.

Will be stripping all the crap off, pulling off calipers, and starting the long process of grinding. I have to remove the welded on spring perches. Should be fun.

Driver side.

I need to get a picture of the Dana 44 next to these Dana 60. They are huge. I had to make some dolly's so I could move this massive axle. It weighs 600Lbs. Soon I will be putting in some 4.88 gears and an ARB locker. I will be rebuilding the kingpins.

A Dana 60 Rear end. Those drum breaks are on their way out and will be replaced with disk breaks. This rear end will also be receiving a 4.88 gear set and ARB lockers.

0 comments: