BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 12 Project Iron Wolf Pt2

25 Jan 2008. Now that it is 35deg outside its time to start tearing down the front Dana 60 axles. Thanks to Priate4X4.com and Bill Vista I have all the info to rebuild these bad boys by my self. I will try to photo document this whole rebuild. Plus I can use it to help me reassemble everything back in its right place and order.

Here we go. Starting on the right side.

Manual lockout cap removed. You can see the spring and the cam that will allow the axles to be locked or in free position.

Bolts and lockout removed. Now the snap ring needs to be removed. All spines look good so far. No marring or broken spines.

Snap ring removed and flange slides right out.

Well, no tools in my tool box to get this 2 1/2 nut off. Time to clean up and head to Sears and get a socket to fit this nut and continue the tear down. I feel this will not be the last time I have to stop due to the lack of tools. Just another reason to buy tools.

0 comments: